Frequently Asked Questions
What do the tour prices include?
All runs with Running in Marrakech Tours will include the guided run with an English speaker, photos of your trip emailed to you, and bottled water.
How do I book a tour/run?
To register for a tour/run click on the register link here and fill out the form to submit your tour request. All requests will be replied to within 48 hours of their being sent.
If you want to run within the 48 hours please go ahead and fill out this form and then send us a follow-up email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What about transportation?
- Due to local laws and higher costs associated with us arranging transportation, we do not offer transportation services for any of our current runs. We do this in an effort to keep our prices low for you as our customer.
- If you wish, we can give you detailed instructions of how to use Marrakech's public transportation (taxi, bus) to one of our meeting locations.
How will I meet my guide?
Most of our runs will begin and end near the Koutoubia Mosque which is just outside of the famous Jmaa El Fnaa square. Our guides will arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled run and will wait for 15 minutes after the scheduled meeting time
For any run in the old city:
- You will meet your guide in front of the mosque
- He/she will be easy to identify as the person in running clothes wearing a runners backpack
- Note: If you are staying near Jmaa El Fnaa, this is an easy walk. Otherwise from most hotels near the city center, this will be just a short taxi ride
For the runs located in the Palmeraie Resort area:
- You will be emailed with the exact location of where to meet, but your guide will likely be the only one standing around with a running pack waiting for someone.
- This will be a short taxi ride from most areas in the city and is known by taxi drivers
- You will be responsible for getting to and from the run starting point (taxis are very easy to get)
What is the weather like in Marrakech?
For all but possibly a month the weather in Marrakech is great for running. During the summer, especially during July, the temperature during the afternoons can reach into the 100's (Fahrenheit).
When the temps reach this high during the summer we will not be scheduling tours except for in the mornings and in the evenings.
What's the deal with all the names?
Running in Morocco is the blog that we started with
Running in Marrakech Tours is name of our tours
which are operated by Starting Line Sports SARL (our Morocco based company)